All of these pieces are cast replicas of architectural details salvaged from demolition sites in New York City. These artifacts were collected by ceramic artist, Hugh Rogers from 1957 until 1975.
The originals were either made from fired terra cotta, pressed zinc, carved red stone or cast iron. All of them date from before 1900, with the majority being made between 1875 and 1895.
These pieces can be thought of as "Anonymous Art" because, unfortunately, there is very little record or information available about the artists responsible for the originals.
All of these replicas are either terra cotta, fired red clay or tinted bisque clay. They are impervious to weather and can be displayed outdoors year-round.